The BC Middle Market Growth Conference (formerly Capital Connection) is the largest M&A conference in Western Canada attracting more than 300 deal makers including corporate officers, national private equity firms, intermediaries, and financing sources. Join us for our 17th annual event on April 10th, 2018!
We are excited about the new opportunities this year’s conference will represent for participants to build new relationships and solidify existing partnerships in continuing to build a strong deal community in British Columbia. In the past, we have focused the conference in providing thought leadership and networking opportunities to the deal making community and connecting business owners to capital providers. We have expanded our purpose to creating “growth” opportunities for BC middle market businesses.
The Growth Conference will kick off with the President’s Reception taking place on the evening of Monday, April 9th, 2018 between 6:00-9:00pm at Hapa Izakaya. The one-day conference will run all-day on Tuesday, April 10th, 2018 at The Fairmont Waterfront Vancouver and offers access to the latest in industry knowledge from national thought leaders, interaction with industry peers and networking.
Become an Exhibitor in the Marketplace
Showcase and build your organization by participating in our annual Marketplace. Please note that exhibitor space is limited to sponsors only.
A few Gold Sponsorship opportunities remain if you would like to participate as an exhibitor.
Thank you to our official marketplace sponsor, Norton Rose Fulbright.
Mergers, Acquisitions + Financing
MT+Co’s Mergers, Acquisitions + Financing group focuses on complex transactions: acquisitions, divestitures, financings and other sophisticated commercial deals. We are committed to bringing deals over the finish line efficiently, effectively and amicably – in the most beneficial way for your business.
We offer industry expertise in the mining, forestry, clean energy, infrastructure, finance, technology, manufacturing and retail sectors. Our industry expertise compliments our legal expertise in the areas of law key to transactional work: regulatory, competition, corporate, real estate, financing, environmental, intellectual property and employment law.
We strive to be the voice of reason at the negotiating table. We are tough on issues that matter, but we won’t waste your time and money on issues that don’t. We understand that the deal isn’t about us; it’s always about you and your transaction. We don’t get in the way of the transaction, and are relentless in getting the deal across the finish line.
Our promise to you is always to provide straightforward advice to assist you in making good decisions. We focus on the big picture and don’t beat around the bush or raise irrelevant issues.
We understand the importance of working well with the other party because everyone is working towards the same goal: completing the transaction. There are times to take a firm stand, but the more we can work with the other party to find with creative solutions, the more likely the transaction will be successfully concluded.
Deals are complicated: they involve many players and documents and require resolution of seemingly endless issues. We bring order, efficiency and a logical process to this apparent chaos. You can rely on us to get your deal closed while protecting your interests. We are completely focused on this goal.
Parallel49 Equity is a leading private equity firm that invests in profitable, well-managed, lower middle-market companies in Canada and the United States. Since 1996, the firm has managed over $1.2 billion of investor capital. Parallel49 Equity is currently managing its fifth committed fund with approximately C$400 million of capital.
Type of Deals:
• Parallel49 Equity pursues acquisitions of private or public companies, management-led buyouts, recapitalizations and sales of subsidiaries of larger companies.
• Parallel49 Equity can facilitate succession planning of closely held businesses.
• Add-on acquisitions are made to enhance the competitive position of platform companies
• Businesses with EBITDA between $5 million and $30 million
• No minimum EBITDA for add-on acquisitions
• Companies with sustainable competitive advantages
• Well-defined and actionable opportunities to drive value creation
• Specialty manufacturing
• Business services
• Value-added distribution
FUND V PORTFOLIO
• Certified Recycling – Leading provider of comprehensive recycling and waste solutions services in Southern California
• Consolidated Infrastructure Group – Premier provider of a full spectrum of utility damage prevention services and solutions
• Gold Standard Baking – Leading full-service bakery specializing in a variety of laminated dough products, including croissants, Danishes and other sweet baked goods
• Kinetrex Energy – Leading supplier of liquefied natural gas in the Midwest
• Questco – Professional employer organization providing outsourced human resource solutions
• Tiger Calcium – Largest manufacturer of calcium chloride products in Western Canada
CURRENT FUND IV PORTFOLIO
• Avison Young – North America’s fastest growing commercial real estate services firm with over 1,800 real estate professionals in 66 key commercial real estate markets across Canada and the U.S.
• BFG Supply – Leading distributor of supplies to the U.S. greenhouse growing, nursery and professional turf industries
• CPI Card Group – North America’s largest manufacturer of financial payment cards and other card products and services
• MedTorque – Designer and manufacturer of highly-engineered, high-tolerance surgical instruments and implants
First West Capital specializes in innovative subordinated debt, mezzanine, and equity financing solutions for mid-market businesses across all industries in Canada. We’re passionate about helping dynamic businesses achieve their goals as they grow, acquire or transition.
Our solutions are suited to established, emerging and expanding companies with a history of positive cash flow or strong near‐term potential. We partner with businesses that have great management and operate in a sustainable market, and work closely alongside senior lenders to maximize lending capacity by improving banking covenants – giving businesses more financial flexibility.
First West Capital is proud of our strong association with ACG BC and welcome referrals from all ACG members and guests. For more information please visit www.firstwestcaptial.ca.
We provide financing options ranging from $500K – $10M for;
High ratio real estate
Strong management, committed owners, a sustainable market niche and demonstrable cash flow.
First West Capital has funded over $157 million to over 70 businesses, including:
• Dan-D Pak (Food Processing) – Real Estate
• Helijet (Aviation) – Growth
• Lucidea (SaaS) – Acquisition
• SunRich Fresh Foods (Food & Beverage) – Growth
• Central City Brewing (Food & Beverage) – Expansion
• ESPRO (Wholesale manufacturing) – Expansion
• Tetrad (Geographic Business Intelligence)- Management buyout
Richards Buell Sutton LLP has extensive experience in private and public company merger and acquisition transactions. We have the knowledge, resources and reputation to provide practical legal advice and solutions in a wide variety of industries, both locally and across borders.
Our Mergers and Acquisitions team of lawyers are strategic advisors to buyers, sellers, and target companies in share and asset transactions, mergers, restructurings, amalgamations and plans of arrangement. We can assist in all aspects of transactions, from conducting early stage, pre-sale legal audits and due diligence, to negotiating and drafting the letter of intent and purchase agreements, and ultimately closing the deal.
The Mergers and Acquisitions team has acted as counsel on deals of all sizes, from start-up companies to a complex sale and restructuring of a group of companies valued in excess of $500 million. Our clients come from a wide variety of industries, including real estate, construction, clean technology, information technology, fisheries and aquaculture, healthcare, private and public education, transportation and trucking, mining, heavy equipment, land clearing and road building, manufacturing, professional services (such as accounting, insurance, and healthcare providers), and retail services.
Our Business lawyers recently published the second edition of our book, “Buying and Selling a Business in British Columbia – Make Your Move”, illustrating our experience and knowledge in meeting the business needs of domestic and foreign owned enterprises extending across multiple industries and jurisdictions.
Please visit our table at the conference where you can receive a copy of our publication.
About Richards Buell Sutton LLP
Richards Buell Sutton LLP is BC’s oldest law firm, and serves clients in a wide variety of business and personal matters. The firm is mid-sized and focuses on BC businesses of all sizes in a variety of industries. Our role is in helping clients, and working collaboratively with their other professional advisors. Adapting to evolving needs, our legal services are solution-driven, strategic, thoughtful and effective.