Founded in 1998, TriWest Capital Partners is a leading Canadian private equity firm having raised over $1.25 billion of committed capital. Through TriWest’s first four funds, we have successfully invested in 32 companies across Canada, in partnership with their management teams. Building on this success, Fund V was established in 2015 with committed capital of $500 million. TriWest has invested in 5 companies to date in Fund V. TriWest’s transactions involve the acquisition of successful, profitable companies through management buy-outs, growth financings, corporate divestitures and other special situations. The TriWest team consists of a small group of professionals with significant operational and transactional experience. We work closely with our management partners, together proactively putting in place a strategy that maximizes growth potential and value creation over four to seven years by emphasizing operational excellence, prudent governance and an effective capital structure.
Operating Earnings: $10MM – $50MM+.
Industry Interests / Focus
We invest across a broad range of business sectors, but exclude the following industries from our investment target focus: primary resource sectors such as oil & gas, mining, forestry, real estate, and rapidly changing technologies.
Current TriWest portfolio companies:
- Trimlite Manufacturing Inc. – Leading manufacturer and distributor of exterior and interior doors, decorative glass and millwork products.
- Bull Moose Capital Ltd. – One of the largest natural gas compressor rental and leasing businesses in Western Canada, with a focus on high horsepower reciprocating natural gas compression units.
- Innova Global Ltd. – Full service engineering, procurement, construction and manufacturing company specializing in air and noise emissions control around the globe.
- Prostar Energy – Provide/manufacturer of well services and “purpose built” well service equipment to the thermal heavy oil market.
- Strike Group Inc. – Energy service construction and maintenance company focused on the energy, transmission and distribution, pipeline and industrial sectors across the WCSB.
- Broda Group – Provider of heavy construction services in Western Canada.
- NCSG Crane & Heavy Haul Corporation – Offers a portfolio of high value, fully operated and maintained crane and heavy haul services to the North-South Energy Corridor.
- International Fitness Holdings – Leading Western Canadian health club operator with 17 locations in Calgary and Edmonton, Alberta.
- ZyTech Building Systems – Market leader in the Western Canadian building products markets.
- Landmark Cinemas – Canada’s second largest movie exhibition company.
- Kayden Industries – Designer, manufacturer and supplier of high volume centrifuges primarily for the energy industry.
- Source Energy Services – Integrated proppant supply company with logistics capabilities that provide customers with frac sand solutions from mine to well site.
- Colter Energy Services – Provider of production testing equipment and services to the oil and gas industry in Western Canada and the United States.
- Triple M Housing – Manufacturer of factory-built residential mobile and modular housing.
- Northern Mat & Bridge – Temporary access solutions and structures for heavy industry in Western Canada.
- Fraser River Pile & Dredge – Marine construction and dredging services provider on Canada’s west coast.
- KMC Mining – Provider of contract mining services to Fort McMurray oil sands projects.
Former TriWest portfolio companies:
- Regent Energy – Manufacturer of steam distribution and sand control products for the oil and gas industry.
- Gardewine Group – Transportation logistics company servicing customers across Canada.
- RTL-Westcan – Diversified transportation / infrastructure company in Western / Northern Canada.
- Driving Force – Provider of vehicle rental, leasing and sales services to corporate, government and other customers.
- NSC Minerals – Supplier of salt products for highway de-icing, residential, and various other uses.
- ConCreate USL – Provider of new concrete construction and concrete rehabilitation services.
- Primex Manufacturing Ltd. – An injection molder of proprietary plastic products.
- Con-Force – Precast and pre-stressed concrete manufacturer.
- SCM Insurance Services – Provider of a full suite of integrated insurance services.
- Royal Camp – Independent provider of complete turnkey camp rentals and catering services.
- Polymer Plainfield – Injection molding and stamping company with facilities in North America and China.
- Intair Fun Sun – FIT tour operator and air consolidator with destinations in the US and Eurpoe.
- Resmor Capital – Provider of residential mortgage products and services across Canada.
- Omstead Foods – Processor of frozen fruits, vegetables and coated appetizers for domestic and international markets.
- DryAir – Manufacturer of innovated portable heating systems.
- Aetas Health Care – Provider of home care and support services in Western Canada.
- Highland Transport – Long haul just-in-time truckload carriers.
- Cover-All – Manufacturer of pre-engineered, fabric-covered, steel-framed buildings.
- Terralink – Regionally-focused, value-added horticultural distribution business.
- Swiss Water – A green coffee bean processor with the only truly organic, chemical-free decaffeination process in the world.